Sunday, April 19, 2020

Best strawberry breakfast

When I was growing up in New Jersey, we had a strawberry patch in the back yard. When the fruit was ripe in early summer, my mother would send us out with little bowls to harvest some berries for our breakfast. In those days, families got their dairy delivered by a milkman who would leave whatever was ordered in an insulated aluminum box on the side porch of the house. Our milk bottles had whole cream on top, which my Mom would lift out with a sort of rubber disk. When I told Gavin how to do something similar for his breakfast today, he said "Why didn't you show me this before?" I'm glad I did today.

Clean and slice fresh strawberries in a small bowl. Sprinkle one teaspoon of sugar on top. Drizzle 2-3 Tablespoons heavy cream or half-and-half over the sugar.

That's all there is to it. "Fantastic!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home